Thursday, November 11, 2010

wonderful picture of the day

I just had to post this wonderful picture that my sister Morgan texted me this morning from her Florida vacation.  (Morgan, who is 31 years old, decided to accompany her husband on a business trip to Orlando with the motto "Disney World or bust!" Last I heard she was getting ready to hop on a roller coaster, which is just plain awesome). 

Audrey Hepburn's handprints outside of Disney World may seemingly have little to do with sustainable fashion, but it's no secret that the lovely Miss Audrey is a great inspiration in my design work.  Apparently Disney-MGM held a press conference on April 29th, 1989 with several celebrities, including Hepburn, who left her handprints and signature on the courtyard of The Great Movie Ride. 

And with that bit of daily trivia for you, I head back to the studio.

xo,
melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! Audrey Hepburn had a style asthetic like no one else!

-Rhonda from The Beautiful Project

yishyene said...

Always wanted to go to Florida.. this is even more reason now!