Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Great Clog Comeback

I always loved looking at pictures of my mom in the 1970s.  Her style was markedly Bohemian, but not over the top.  She usually had on something elegantly simple, and wore lots of sandals, boots, and clogs.

In the early 90s, I went through a clog period of my own.  I remember finding a pair of vintage clogs at a thrift store with heels so high I could barely stand in them.  I wore them to death, then lost them somewhere along the way.


And now, once again, the clog is back in action, seen paired with everything from short shorts to evening dresses.

Our vote for the best clog is, of course, the sustainable clog.  The obvious eco-choice is getting your hands (feet) on a vintage pair.  We're also in love with Swedish Hasbeens, which are handmade from sustainably harvested wood and chrome-free, vegetable tanned leather.  The company itself has been around since the 1970s and have maintained these eco-conscious pratices ever since.  And the shoes are adorable.  Our favorite is the T-Strap Sky, seen in the photo above (retail for $220).  We personally think they'd look especially chic with our organic cotton Edie Dress for summer.

No comments: