Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yummmmmy Summer Wrap Recipe

Let's take a little break from organic summer fashion and focus on something almost as delicious, organic summer food. Here is one of my fave recipes for Yummy Wraps, full of goodness from your garden or local farmer's market.

All you need is your favorite wraps (I like spinach tortillas), and your favorite organic veggies, chopped (summer squash, peppers, salad greens, tomatoes, mushroom, corn, whatevs). Mix it up in a bowl. I like adding olives to mine as well, and some good ole' vermont sharp white cheddar. Spread some hummus (make your own or buy fresh from a local market) on the tortillas, added the veggie greens mixtures, and roll 'em on up. (I was tempted to just write "rock and roll 'em up" but I stopped myself). You can also lightly grill them if desired. Eat and share. Best enjoyed with a margarita, btw.

Happy summer eating!

No comments: